Wednesday, December 2

conversations with audrey.

As promised, here are some of my favorite conversations with Audrey that we've had lately! Her logic and thought process just make me laugh sometimes! I wish I could see what goes on in her little mind!


On randomly throwing up in the middle of the night...
Me: what happened?
Audrey: I had a headache and then all of the food fell out of my mouth


On (attempting) to make a new friend at the playground...
Audrey went up a slide following another little girl on the playground a couple Saturdays ago. When Audrey got to the top the little girl had already ducked into a nearby tunnel.
Audrey: (looks around) are you still here? Where did you go? (thoughtful pause) Are you being shy?


On turning 4...
Audrey: mama, a long time ago I was a little baby
Me: yes, you were!
Audrey: can you tell me I'll never be a baby again?
Me: why wouldn't you want to be a baby again?
Audrey: because then I couldn't talk


On going on a play date with Aunt Ann and (bf) Will...
Me: bye! have fun and I'll see you in a little bit!
Audrey: when I come back can i go and get ice cream so it will make your leg feel better?
Me: of course
Audrey: (climbs into Will's truck and then sticks her head back out) you take care of yourself now, okay mama?


On writing her first AND last name...
Audrey: this just says Audrey Boatright. It's not all of my name because I'm not in trouble right now


On the difference between Nemo and all other fish...
Audrey: (holds Nemo up to the fish tank) Nemo see? These are fish just like you! They don't tell jokes though because they are not a clownfish like you.


On baby deer...
Me: Audrey look at those deer! That's a mommy and her baby!
Audrey: that's her baby like me?
Me: yes, and she has a mommy like you do too!
Audrey: (thoughtful pause) look, she got marshmallows on her!


On trying to get me to stay home from work one morning...
Audrey woke up at 6am right as I was about to get in the shower. She climbed in bed with me so I laid there with her for a few minutes, and then..
Audrey: mama, can you not got to work and we can puddle in bed?
Me: I wish so, but I give to go to work and you have to go to school!
Audrey: but why?
Me: because Mr. Justin needs me at work and you have to go and learn with your friends! You'll have fun at school and I promise I'll pick you up as soon as I can. 
Audrey: but I just want to puddle all day!
Me: I wish we could! I'll miss you when I'm at work!
Audrey: (pause for thinking of next excuse) mama, I don't feel good
Me: oh no, what hurts?
Audrey: my feelings

Bless!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...